Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut in the Fox CT WTIC-TV viewing area, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of the Sponsor, The Hartford Courant LLC, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. Employees of other media companies including all radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by the Sponsor within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
2. TO ENTER: Sweepstakes entry period begins Monday, September 16, 2013 at 9 p.m. (EST) and ends on or about Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 12 p.m. (EST). To enter, watch the Sleepy Hollow television premiere on Monday, September 16, 2013 on FOXCT between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. (EST) (the “Sweepstakes Period”) and look for the code word of the night to be displayed on-screen during the above-referenced program (including commercial breaks). Once you see the code word of the night, there are two ways to enter:
A. Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to #37798 with the code word of the night by 12 p.m. (EST) Tuesday, September 17, 2013 of the Sweepstakes Period in which the code word is displayed. All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. Text-Message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant’s cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Text HELP to 37798 for help and text STOP to 37798 to cancel. You may receive subsequent messages clarifying or confirming your opt-out request. For terms and conditions, visit privacy.tribune.com. If any dispute arises as to identity of any entrant, an entrant shall be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider’s records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct keyword shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for unavailability of telephone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or other technical malfunctions that result in an inability to transmit text messages or entries. Participation in this Promotion by wireless mobile device means that entrant understands that he/she may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Promotion, including notifying entrant if he/she is a winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to entrant’s carrier’s rate plan.
B. Enter On-Line: Log onto http://www.foxct.com/ticketgiveaway and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form by 12 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, September 17, 2013, including the code word and other relevant contact information. On-line entries containing attachments, generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. On-line entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If you use multiple e-mail addresses to submit more than one (1) online entry, only the first entry will count.
C. Restrictions: Limit one (1) entry per person/household regardless of method of entry. All entries must be received 12:00 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, September 17, 2013. Duplicate entries from the same person or cell phone number will be disqualified. All entries become the property of The Hartford Courant Company LLC, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC, and Vibes Media, LLC (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”). Incomplete entries are void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by cellular phone, or uses any robotic, automatic, mechanical or programmed device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sweepstakes Entities, will be disqualified.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: All qualified text and online entries during the Sweepstakes Period will be combined into a single entry pool. One (1) Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules) on or about September 18, 2013. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail by September 18, 2013. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if a Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms by Friday, October 11, 2013, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: 1 Grand Prize Winner will receive:
• Two (2) night stay at Doubletree Hotel in Tarrytown, NY, located at 455 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York 10591, on the weekend of October 25th 2013 (FRIDAY 10/25 –SATURDAY 10/26) for two (2) persons
• Two (2) tickets to Sleepy Hollow’s Horseman’s Hollow at Philipsburg Manor, 381 North Broadway, Sleepy Hollow NY 10591, good for the weekend of October 25th. For hours and information, visit http://www.visitsleepyhollow.com/things-to-do/horsemans-hollow.
• One (1) $100 Amex Gift Card
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize Package is $599. Travel to and from the resort, telephone, service bar, room service, in-room movies and other room incidental charges not included in the basic hotel room, or any other charges or fees not set forth herein are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. For detail about Doubletree Hotel in Tarrytown, visit http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-york/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-tarrytown-TERHIDT/index.html. Federal, state and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize are the responsibility of the Winner. To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, by October 25, 2013. If the Winner fails to show proof of age and fill out and sign the necessary forms (Fox CT Affidavit of Eligibility, a Release Form, publicity waiver, and IRS Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification)) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. The Prize package (or any part thereof) is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. If winner does not use all elements of prize, there will be no reimbursement. If any of the shows are cancelled, no substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor and Prize Provider’s sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to change the start and end dates of the sweepstakes to the extent necessary to adjust to events of Force Majeure as well as to changes to production and broadcast schedules, without financial or legal liability of nature whatsoever. FOX CT has the right to substitute the prize in their sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Sponsor are final and binding.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, The Hartford Courant Company, Prize Provider, and all these companies’ parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors’ decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions. Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners. By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
SUCH PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
7. FOR WINNER NAME: Write to, “Ultimate Sleepy Hollow Giveaway”; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winners’ lists must be received by Friday, October 4, 2013.
8. SPONSOR: Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
9. PRIZE PROVIDER: Doubletree Hotel in Tarrytown, NY (455 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York 10591).