By Kelly Glista, Hartford Courant
MERIDEN — A fire at Violi’s Italian Restaurant at the Hunter Golf Club early Monday morning may have been caused by an electrical problem in a golf cart parked next to the building, fire officials said.
The two-alarm fire started around 3:04 a.m., according to fire officials. Five engines responded to the blaze at 688 Westfield Road.
Fire officials said the electrical wiring in the golf cart was completely destroyed. Firefighters had to make holes in the roof of the restaurant to vent the smoke from the building.
Check back for updates.